A little bit about the Committee
The Governance Committee guides the rules and policies of the Guild, and is in charge of interpretation of the Guild Regulations.
Although most students don’t see the work of Governance Committee, it is an essential part of making sure that the Guild functions.
The Committee is responsible for drafting, editing and/or approving nearly all policies or rules that are presented to Guild Council. It is also responsible for ensuring that the Guild’s rules meet the needs of the Guild and are enforced. This includes (but is not limited to) Election Reform, Policy changes, Department Rule changes, and governance recommendations.
The membership of the committee consists of:
- Bre Shanahan (Chair of the Guild Council and Chair of the Governance Committee)
- Viknash VM (Deputy Chair of the Guild Council)
- Emma Mezger (Guild President)
- Dauda (Daj) Janneh (Guild General Secretary)
- Eleanor White (Societies Council President)
- Abdul Rahman (International Students' Department President)
- Shelby Robinson (Ordinary Committee Member)
- Levon Johnson (Ordinary Committee Member)
- Rashdina Ayeesha Ramli (Ordinary Committee Member)
Staff members sitting on the committee are:
- Tony Goodman (Managing Director and Executive Officer of the Governance Committee)
|2020 Governance Committee Minutes|