Student Leadership Training (SLT) is a FREE two day course provided by the Guild, aiming to arm students with the necessary skills to become confident and effective leaders.
It’s a requirement that two executive committee members from each Guild-affiliated club complete this training.
- Event Management
- Event Management and Alcohol
- Event Management and Inclusivity
- Mental Health Awareness
- Intro into Courageous Conversations
- Risk Management
- Reducing the Risk of Sexual Violence
- Sexual Harassment: Know where the line is
All dates for 2019 SLT courses are now completed. Be sure to keep an eye out for upcoming 2020 course dates!
Student Leadership Training: January Date
Student Leadership Training: February Date
Student Leadership Training: April Date
Student Leadership Training: July Date
(Please note the dates for these sessions are yet to be confirmed).
First Aid Training
The Guild has secured discounted First Aid training for Clubs, Societies and FacSoc members through Event Health Management (EHM), at a price of $85 per person.
First Aid training is a great skill to have in any situation and is highly recommended for all students.
Participants who successfully complete the requirements of this course will receive the following certifications:
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
How to book:
- To book a First Aid course for your Club, Society or FacSoc, you will need a minimum of 8 people.
- The organiser from the club must email Event Health Management at email@example.com and provide them with a preferred date for the course.
- EHM will email you to confirm a date. Upon confirmation, each student will need to log into the EHM website to complete pre-reading and pay for the course. The club can pay the whole amount, or each person can pay individually. Payment must be done before the training.
- Don’t forget to book a room for your course and complete an Event Management Plan (EMP)!