Like every good welcome, there’s some housekeeping points to cover to make sure your transition into uni life is as smooth as possible. O-Week is a LOT of info to take in all at once from all different directions and can be a little overwhelming.
Here’s a few useful bits and pieces that aren’t necessarily covered during orientation, but are essential knowledge if you’re on or off campus:
Campus services & Guild Village
Guild Village has all your essential services right here on campus! Located right in the centre of campus, you’ll find:
- IGA X-Press for all your supermarket essentials plus a killer range of snacks and meals made in-house.
- Matilda Bay Pharmacy for prescriptions and medications, plus your standard range of chemist ~things~ like cosmetics and sunscreen.
- Vlad’s Shoe Repair, a little black door next to the Pharmacy where Vlad will repair shoes, bags and leathergoods plus other odd fix-it jobs for extremely reasonable prices.
- Special-Eyes Optometrist – they’ll bulk-bill for students!
- Winthrop Australia for tech repairs
- Westpac ATM
- Guild Bookshop – UWA x Champion exclusive merchandise, second-hand books, unit readers, stationery and lab coats
- UniPrint, for all your printing and binding needs, plus UWA merchandise.
- Venture Student Innovation Centre, featuring UWA's first student incubator focussing on social impact!
Transport & parking
There are heaps of ways to get to UWA, but with parking at a premium by far the easiest way is to catch public transport.
The new Purple CAT bus route runs from Elizabeth Quay to UWA via Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital & QEII. Best of all – it’s completely free!
You’ll need a Smartrider to get concession fares (and make life generally easier); you can pick one up at the Guild Bookshop in Guild Village.