The 109th Guild Council met on Wednesday, February 23. Here's the highlights of the motions passed:
- The 109th Council would like to put forward the recommendation of Madison Holling & Dylan Turner for the positions of Relay for Life Co-Chairs
- Upon recommendation from the governance committee, the 109th Council appoints David Hallam for the role of Education Council President
- Upon recommendation from the governance committee, the 109th Council appoints Chloe Bryant for the role of Women’s’ Officer
- Council passed a motion to reaffirm its commitment to fighting the climate crisis and encourages the uni to cut its ties with fossil fuel companies and will encourage students to attend the march 25th protests
- Passed a motion to reaffirm the Guild's its commitment to student democracy and asserts that the Young Liberals faction is detrimental to progressive student unionism across the country
- Passed a motion to recognise the devastating impact of COVID and pushes the uni to provide every student and essential front line staff member with masks and appropriate PPE
Next meeting will be held Wednesday 30th March 2022 at 6:00 PM. If you would like to attend via Zoom, please contact [email protected] by Tuesday March 29.