I hope that you are all going well through this exam period. It’s safe to say that this semester has had its fair share of challenges, though thankfully it is just about all wrapped up!
This last Guild Council in May, we were able to elect a number of students to OCM positions on our Guild Committees. I urge all of you to consider getting involved through future positions like that, or by coming along to events or volunteering. It’s a great way to get involved and make friends!
Anyhow, here’s a quick recap of the motions we passed in Council:
- We appointed the OCMs for our Guild Committees
- Called for the creation of a Transparency and Accountability policy for student representatives
- Committed to investigating a live online data dashboard for SSAF spending and other important indicators
What goes on in Council is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the work that the Guild does. Here are some of the other incredible things our Guild Office Bearer’s did:
- Online collaboration with DAR to bring legal advice to students
- Secured parking permit transfers to semester 2
- Stopped the transition to PAYG parking in 2020
- College Row lease termination period without financial penalty (ISD)
- Ran the #SaveOurStudents campaign to help protect students during Covid-19
- Green Student Guidebook drafted
I think we have all been feeling the heat with exams, so please do reach out to our Student Assist team at [email protected] if they can be of any help.
All the best,
Guild General Secretary 2020