A little bit about the Committee
The Student Services Committee is responsible for the frontline services of the Guild, and is focused on making university more enjoyable for students!
The role of the Student Services Committee is to oversee the Guild’s delivery of student services, including Student Assist, membership benefits, publications e.g. Pelican Magazine, and Guild Volunteering (amongst others).
The Student Services Committee also oversee the running of major Guild events like O-Day, End of Semester Shows and The Cruickshank-Routley Memorial Guild Ball.
The membership of the Student Services committee consists of:
- Narendra Gammanpila (General Secretary and Chair and Executive Officer of the Student Services Committee)
- Amitabh Jeganathan (Guild President)
- David Hallam (Education Council President)
- Aidan Mansfield (Guild Vice-President)
- Jak Beard (Societies Council President)
- Julia Aguinot (Ordinary Guild Councillor)
- Kushagra Rathore (Ordinary Committee Member)
- Cyrine Almodovar (Ordinary Committee Member)
Staff sitting on the committee include:
- Jenny Ophel (Associate Director – Student Services & Human Resources)
- Alana Thompson (Student Assist Manager)
- Leigh Chalmers (Events Manager)
- Clare MacNish (Volunteering Manager)
- Caitlin MacPhail (Marketing & Communications Manager)