The Governance Committee is arguably one of the most powerful committees in the Guild. It guides the rules and policies of the Guild, and is in charge of interpretation of the Guild Regulations. Although most students don’t see the work of Governance Committee it is an essential part of making sure that the Guild functions.
The Committee is responsible for drafting, editing and/or approving nearly all policies or rules that are presented to Guild Council. It is also responsible for ensuring that the Guild’s rules meet the needs of the Guild and are enforced.
This year the Governance Committee is pursing the following projects:
- Election Regulation Reform
- Changes to the policy book
- A Guild Media/Social Media Policy
- Changes to the SOC, ED & Welfare Department Rules
- Providing a list of recommendations to improve governance and accountability
- Guild Discipline Rules
- Other projects that may come up throughout the year
The membership of the committee consists of:
- Patricia Paguio (Chair of the Guild Council and Chair of the Governance Committee)
- Conrad Hogg (Guild President)
- Bre Shanahan (Deputy Chair of Guild Council & Women’s Officer)
- Bradan Sonnendecker (Ordinary Guild Councillor)
- Luke Thomas (Residential Students’ Department President)
- 3 x Ordinary Committee Members (to be elected):
Staff members sitting on the committee are:
- Tony Goodman (Managing Director and Executive Officer of the Governance Committee)
Minutes will be uploaded to this page as they become available.