A little bit about the Committee
The Welfare and Advocacy Committee is responsible for advising the Guild Council on issues affecting the student experience on campus.
This involves developing Guild Policy on important issues like parking, childcare services on campus, campus security, the availability of public transport for students, and general government policy affecting students at UWA. The Welfare and Advocacy Committee is also responsible for overseeing the Guild Welfare Department.
The membership of the committee consists of:
- Vin Kalim (Guild Welfare Officer and Chair of the Welfare and Advocacy Committee)
- Conrad Hogg (Guild President)
- Lincoln Aspinall (Guild Education Council President)
- Nisa Shahrin (International Students Department Director)
- Jade Wu (Ordinary Guild Councillor)
- Saleem Al Odeh (Ordinary Guild Councillor)
- Max Tran (Ordinary Committee Member)
- Paige Larsen (Ordinary Committee Member)
Staff sitting on the committee include:
- Colleen Kirby (Guild Student Assist Manager)