Workplace Health & Safety
The UWA Student Guild endorses the UWA Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) policy to provide and maintain a safe and healthy working environment, equipment and systems of work for all its staff, students, contractors and visitors.
Workplace Health and Safety are not just buzz words and the Guild is committed to:
• providing and maintaining safe workplaces
• providing information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure safe systems of work
• ensuring that nominated safety personnel are adequately trained and supported
• consulting and cooperating with safety and health representatives, employees and others
• continuously reviewing and improving its safety performance
Wokplace Health & Safety is everyone’s responsibility so please take the time to browse through the Manual and the WHS website to ensure you are aware of the Guild’s processes and procedures with regard to WHS.
Further information can be found in the Guild’s WHS Manual and Annual WHS Report, both available in the Z: (Shared) drive under WHS.