The following positions on the 2018 Education Council (ED) are now open for nominations:
- 1 x Treasurer
ABOUT EDUCATION COUNCIL
Education Council consists of representatives from all Faculty Societies (FacSocs), Guild Departments and an elected Education Council Committee, providing a forum to address issues affecting students across campus, and off campus, at both a local and a national level.
The primary role of the treasurer is to manage the grants and awards for Faculty Societies throughout the year to ensure that all 11 Faculty Societies are adequately resourced.
Please note, the elected candidate will be required to attend a monthly two hour long meeting in addition to regular committee meetings.
- Nominations close at 5pm Tuesday 23 January 2018.
- To be eligible to nominate you must be an enrolled student and Guild member for 2018.
- Submit your nomination by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Treasurer Nomination” and providing your name and student number and the position.
- The election will be conducted in the Guild Council Meeting Room by secret optional preferential ballot at the next Education Council Meeting (Tuesday 23 January 2018 at 6pm), where you will be given the opportunity to give a short speech (up to 2 minutes).
- If you can’t attend the election, please include a short blurb in your nomination email to be read out on your behalf.
- If you have further questions regarding any of the positions, contact email@example.com.
Posted on January 8, 2018