The fencing and fluoro vests are gone; the fresh flooring and furniture are in. IT’S TIME!
After years of planning and months of construction, we’re excited to announce that the Refectory is re-opening with a brand new look from Tuesday 1 May 2018.
This is the Ref’s first major renovation since it originally opened. We’ve said goodbye to all the orange and yellow (srsly, was that ever in fashion?) to bring you a refreshed Ref with a clean, modern aesthetic and loads of great features:
- 400 seats ranging from cosy coffee table clusters to booths to big benches, so whether you’re studying solo or catching up with your crew, there’s a space to suit
- A student kitchen with nine microwaves and hot and chilled water – perfect for reheating BYO lunches or making a cup of tea
- 8 Unifi access points (and more coming) for great wifi coverage
- USB and plug charging points to keep your devices juiced up
- Glass doors connecting to the Oak Lawn and Ref Courtyard (where there’s outdoor seating to make the most of the sunny Perth weather)
- Direct access to the Tavern courtyard for when lunch break turns into a cheeky pint break
- (Coming soon) A lift to the first floor function rooms
- Subway, Boost Juice and Rocketfuel outlets still here, plus room for up to six exciting new food outlets to open in the coming months!
The Ref will be open from 8am to 6pm weekdays (individual outlet hours will vary). It’s also available for clubs and other groups to hire for functions outside those times.
Come down and check it out!
Posted on April 30, 2018