Welfare & Advocacy Committee
Welfare and Advocacy is the Guild committee responsible for advising the Guild Council on a whole range of issues affecting your life and your experience on campus. Welfare and Advocacy Committee is responsible for developing Guild Policy on important issues like parking, childcare services on campus, campus security, the availability of public transport around Crawley, and general government policy towards students at UWA. Welfare and Advocacy is also responsible for overseeing the Guild Welfare Department.
If you’re keen for your Guild to represent your interests in these areas, get in touch with the chair of the committee via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The membership of the committee consists of:
- Maddie Hedderwick (Guild Welfare Officer and Chair of the Welfare and Advocacy Committee)
- Conrad Hogg (Guild President)
- Lincoln Aspinall (Guild Education Council President)
- Nisa Shahrin (International Students Officer)
- Jade Wu (Ordinary Guild Councillor)
- Saleem Al Odeh (Ordinary Guild Councillor)
- 2 x Ordinary Committee Members (to be elected):
Staff sitting on the committee include:
- Katherine Haag (Guild Student Assist Manager)
Minutes will be uploaded to this page as they become available.